Pasta with Arugula and Garlic
I ran into this recipe looking for simple, easy and it had to include olive oil. I enjoy it every time I make it. This dish is very good and easy for entertaining.
- 1/2 package of pasta to your liking
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups baby arugula leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Manchego or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese cheese freshly grated
In a large skillet with olive oil cook garlic and red pepper flakes for 1 minute in low heat. Add baby arugula leaves and toss until they are wilted, about 1 minutes. Meanwhile cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water generously salted until al dente. Drain pasta and toss with arugula in the skillet until well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parmigiana cheese and serve.
Pairs well with Sauvignon Blanc.